COVID -19 Protocols Policy Document
Safe resumption of driver training requires all customers to comply with the following driver training customer information.
Customers with COVID-19 symptoms must not attend a training session.
If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions below, customers must not attend a training session:
- Do you have symptoms of cough, fever, high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, breathlessness, or flu like symptoms now or in the past 14 days?
- Have you been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days?
- Are you a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days (i.e. less than 2m for more than 15 minutes accumulative in 1 day)?
- Have you been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?
- Have you been advised by a doctor to cocoon at this time?
Prepare Your Car
Customers who are using their own vehicle for training should ensure that their it is clean and free from any tissues or personal items and that where possible windows on passenger and driver side are left partially open. The ‘recirculated air’ option for the car’s ventilation should be set to ‘off’ to ensure as much fresh air as possible is circulating in the vehicle.
Customers must sanitise their hands before the training commences.
Please wear a face covering during your training session.
Contact protocols will comply with Public Health Authority guidelines in place.
If requested by Public Health Authorities, your contact information, (name and contact number), may be shared by us with the National COVID-19 Contact Tracing Programme.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at:
Colm Branigan T/A Advanced Driving Ireland, 71 Brookdale Lawns, Rivervalley, Swords, Co. Dublin. Ireland 00353876324006 email@example.com
This document was last updated on June 21st, 2020.